Research Assistants & Internships
If you are a Bachelor or Master students at NUS and would like to work as a research assistant, please send me your CV, grade transcripts, and a short description of your interests. At the moment, I am looking only for students who are enrolled at NUS, have taken modules in computer vision and or machine learning, and have programming experience. Unfortunately I am currently not accepting requests from external students nor for internships.
I am always looking for good PhD students. If you are interested in joining my group, please apply directly to the Graduate School at NUS. Please note that I will not respond to PhD requests individually.
Post-doctoral Research Fellows
Post-doctoral research-fellow positions (2 years with possibility for extension) in computer vision and machine learning are available immediately. Topics of interest include:
- human action recognition, pose estimation
- language and vision
- other topics on high-level scene understanding and visual perception
Applicants should have:
- a PhD in computer vision or a related area with a strong background in modern machine learning techniques
- a strong publication record at first-tier conferences and journals (e.g. CVPR/ECCV/ICCV/NIPS, IJCV/PAMI)
- a strong mathematical background and extensive programming experience (C++ or Matlab or Python)
- fluency in both written and spoken English
Successful candidates will have:
- the opportunity to work in an excellent research environment and collaborate with leading researchers in machine learning, robotics and computer vision
- a competitive salary and generous funding for travel, equipment, etc.
- the possibility to supervise junior-level researchers
Please email the following as a single PDF with the subject “[Application] Post-doctoral research fellow 2019”:
- CV with list of publications
- a research statement and proposal (max 3 pages) on any of the topics indicated above or another area of computer vision and or machine learning
- contact details and or references from one to two academic referees